Make a Donation

£

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

For the Underdog

What inspires you? We rarely wake up inspired to do something. You might catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and think, "I need to lose weight" or "I should dye my hair." You might combine the thought of getting into shape with inspiration from Olympic athletes to run a race. For many people these inspiring moments never grow to be more than a temporary faze in our lives. 

I was 'wowed' by what I have seen over the last couple of weeks - how athletes have dedicated their lives and talents to become the best in their sports. I can't, however, honestly say that I was inspired. I root for the underdog. I am inspired by the underdog. When someone picks themselves up off of the ground and comes back stronger than before. I am really looking forward to the Paralympics, to see the product of dedication by people who have truly overcome great odds. Although I am still not inspired to run another race in my life time(!), I am inspired to help others and to give others the encouragement to overcome the odds set in front of them. 

Here are our most recent pillowcases.

Laura and I have had another flurry of pillowcase sewing and expect to have 80 pillowcases sewn by the end of the week (or sooner) and have them mailed off by the end of next week. Last night in a response to some (much appreciated) owl requests we started cutting out a few more owl patterns and expect to be very busy in the next week putting them together!



For anyone (in America or otherwise) interested in buying an owl as a donation, please contact us and we would be glad to make one for you. We use all of the money from the owls to purchase fabric, sewing supplies, and pay for shipping. 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment